Saturday, January 5, 2013

♦♦♦ Review + Swatches : Silkygirl Blockbuster Color Palette in No.5 Smokey Charm ♦♦♦


Hi bubblies!
How's your day?
Hope you're having a fabulous one! :D



So, here's the eyeshadow quad that I promised to make a full review of.
Once I use it on my previous tutorial post --> here :)

To start with, maybe I did a mistake earlier in naming this quad.
From the packaging itself, it's just titled with a Blockbuster Color Palette that I thought that would be the exact name for this color choices. But after do some research for this full review post, I just knew that the range of all this eyeshadow quad is a Blockbuster Color Palette. 
And for this exact color choices, they called it..
"No.5 Smokey Charm" 
*woops. I guess I did a pretty good job in knowing the exact makeup look before knowing the use of this shades for! lol*


there you go -____-"


****************************************************************************** 
here's some info from their official website http://silkycosmetics.com/eyes.html


Blockbuster Color Palette With the all-new Blockbuster Color Palette, adding drama to your eyes is so easy. It includes an interesting selection of pigment-rich eye shadows from classic neutrals to bright funky colors – you can create any look that you desire The Blockbuster Color Palette is sure to guarantee you eyes-cellent performance.

******************************************************************************

  The Packaging
The packaging is just a lightweight plastic material. Clear on top and glossy opaque black as the base. The length & width for the compact are 7x5 cm. thickness 1,2 cm.
 
 They also include the sponge tip applicator there.




 Also a bonus tutorial in a way you can use the colors.

 
The Ingredients


  The Swatches



no primer. no base. lighting under day sun light.
 
 
no primer. no base. lighting against day sun light.


no primer. no base. lighting indoor room light.


As you can see, they all have the same finishes which is a sheer satin and not so opaque pigmentation as you would imagine from the pan. For all the swatches above I need 2-3 swipes to achieve that color pay off.

The texture is more on the powdery side. You would experience an excessive fall out for picking them up with a brush in the pan.

For the staying power, is just decent to me. It will fade or become dull within 4-5 hours ( I would say ) on my eyelid, if I don't use any primer or base underneath.


All in all..
This quad is good, but not that great. I like the color combination so much, that's why it's still a good purchase for me. I still can create a subtle smokey look or just an everyday laid back look with this quad alone.

Bought for IDR. 86000 rupiahs ( around $ 8.60 US Dollars ) at Guardian, Mal Kelapa Gading.


***



That's it my review.
Let me know what you think!
Good day all!
Smile :)




NOTE: all of the product were purchased by my own money and reviewed by honest thought. It's just my way to give you an opinion in buying product that you considered to purchase. Be a smart buyer! Hope you like my reviews.

5 comments:

  1. blom lama aku beli quad ini cuma 25k loh di Matahari. hahaha. Jadi bangga. :p kl buat harga 86k mending quadnya revlon kali ya? uda prnah coba quad ny revlon fel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah envy >,<" di guardian overprice bgt ya. ah bete. ahaha

      revlon yg colorstay ya? belom, cella :D ehehe

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing! ^^
    aku belum pernah nyoba produk Silkygirl karena tiap kali ngelewatin gatau kenapa ga gitu tertarik haha :p kira-kira produk mereka yang paling bagus apa ya? makasihhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear.. I've done several review for Silkygirl. they have an overall good quality product in my opinion.

      you can read all of my Silkygirl reviews by just clicking the label "Post by Brand" di kiri atas dan pilih tag >> Silkygirl.

      hope that's answering your question :)

      Delete
    2. oke makasih ya :) akan segera dibaca satu per satu ^^

      Delete

Please do NOT leave an advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and I will delete it immediately. Thank you for dropping by :)

.

.