Friday, June 29, 2012

Review : Etude House Skin [mal:gem] in Fresh


Hi girls!
How's your day?
Hope it's mesmerizing! :D



Today I'll be reviewing Etude House newest skincare product which is
Etude House Skin [mal:gem] in Fresh
Talk about Skin [mal:gem] line, [mal:gem] is a Korean word for cleanness, clarity and pureness. Skin Malgeum hypoallergenic toners promote clean, clear and pore complexion with moisturizing and pore cleansing formulas.
 
They have 6 products in this line :
1st Type: Astringent 
1. Fresh (Oil Control – For Oily Skin) >> Controls excess sebum while providing enough moisture to keep the skin matte. 
** Cleansing and astringent toner removes residual buildup and tightens pores without overdrying to prevent sebum secretion.
2. Smoother (Exfoliation – For Trouble Prone) >> Fruit acids in green grape, exfoliate keratin on a skin clearly for keeping smooth and soft skin. 
** Cleansing and astringent toner removes residual buildup and tightens pores to prevent acne and pimples.
2nd Type: Freshener
3. Moist (Moisture Care – For Dry Skin) >> Includes Hyaluronic acid keep skin moist and promote skin's own moisture.
** Moist freshener tonic removes residual buildup and replenishes moisture to promote softness and comfort. Applicable as moisturizer.
4. Deep Moist (Moisture Retention – For Dry and Sensitive Skin) >> Highly nutrient skin to provide the skin with sufficient nutrients.
** Moist freshener tonic removes residual buildup and penetrates deep within layers to soothe and protect skin. Applicable as moisturizer.
5. Essential (Oil and Moisture Balance – For Combination Skin) >> Give a moisture barrier to a skin by the cream being smoothly absorbed.
** Freshener tonic removes residual buildup and maintains oil/moisture balance for comfort and uniform pore expression.
3rd Type: Moisturizer
6. Emulsion (All in one Moisturizer + Essence + Cream)



 The advertisement picture :
(click to zoom)


While i was looking for a good toner the other day, I was so captivated by the display of this line in the Etude House's counter. Not like any other Etude House's product, the display of this line is so elegant and expensive looking (while others were cute looking! :P). Well yes, this line have a slight higher price range than the others. While I was reading and observe the products, my heart just fell in love with the Skin [mal:gem] Fresh, because of the description. It's exactly what I'm looking for! :D 

 I bought it for IDR. 288000rupiahs ( around $ 28.80 US Dollar ) at Etude House counter, Mal Kelapa gading.
Some of the ingredients in the Fresh toner are Water, Alcohol, Bamboo Juice, Lemon Fruit Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Bilberry Fruit/ Leaf Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Orchid Extract, Panthenol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Citrus Unshiu (Satsuma Mandarin) Peel Extract and Fragrance.


 It also said at the package in how you can applying it :
Since I have no clue what it was said (because the description is all written in Korean), so I'm assuming it from the pictures that it could be use as a toner, or soak it with cotton pads and place it under eye area, or dip in the sheet mask for the entire face, or simply just spray it to the face.


To me personally.. since I got this around 2 months ago, twice a day application, after I washed my face.. I only use it as a toner. By the help of cotton pad, I pour a little product and pat it to my face.

For the packaging, the toner itself comes inside a milky, translucent plastic bottle with a white twist-off lid and contains 250ml.

 It has a dispense like so :

  The liquid consistency is like a gentle alcohol to me, not overpowering "alcohol type" but it quickly absorb to the skin and could evaporate as well. It's colorless and has a very fresh & fruity scent but it's not too sweet or citrus-like. 




As for my REVIEW after using it about 2 months 
In each after I use it, It feels immediately freshen my face, make it seems cleaner (it does pick up a leftover dirt that I hardly see even after I washed my face), doesn't dry out my skin, my skin also feel supple and relaxing because of the nice smell in it.

For a longer terms, my skin looks much cleaner and my blackheads seem to disappear (especially the ones on the nose). For me it's a very nice toner and I hope that the oil control will work good as well!

***


That's it my review.
If you have any question, just leave in the comment :)
Let me know what you think!
Good day all!
Smile :)

NOTE: all of the product were purchased by my own money and reviewed by honest thought. It's just my way to give you an opinion in buying product that you considered to purchase. Be a smart buyer! Hope you like my reviews.  

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I've always heard good things about Etude house!

    btw if you haven't pls check out my Shiseido giveaway ending soon!

    http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca/2012/06/shiseido-perfect-whip-foam-cleanser.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you're welcome. too bad i'm late for the giveaway entry.. but that's okay, i'll followed your blog anytime! :D thx to come to my blog, dear :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks God you make a review of this product!! I already wanna buy this one but yesterday I looked for another review from google and I didn't get a good review about Etude Skin Malgem...
    but today you already make this review very well, thanks sis!!
    good posting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha.. thanks for your comment! i'm glad i could answer your curiosity :) i hope it works well for you too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'm definitely thinking of getting one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it worked for you! I'm currently using this and so far I'm liking it! Great blog btw, just followed you.

    Hope you can support a newbie blogger! :)
    http://somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ow so glad you're liking it dear! thank you so much for stopping by and send a comment :)

      yes, i'll support and follow you! :)

      Delete
  5. Hello, there, nice review u have.
    I'm curious to try it too.
    My skin is oily combination and acne prone.
    been looking for this review until I arrived here^^
    thank u for sharing

    baladapenulisamatir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome dear ^^ so glad you find this post helpful. thanks for letting me know ^^ <3

      Delete
  6. hi, I was wondering when you applied this does it give you a stinging sensation?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi i just wondering, could this toner be used to removes dust & dirt in the face because of pollution and stuffs? i mean can i use it before i wash my face with facial foam? or i have to use it after wash my face?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you could use this toner for a quick clean to your dirty face. but, to be honest.. cleansing your face appropriate first with facial cleanser is much more suitable, dear ^^

      Delete
  8. hii :D
    i like your review! i'm thinking to buy one of the skin malgeum series, but, i'm just wondering, have you ever try using skin malgeum as a facial mist (directly spray it to your face)? is the result as clean as if using cotton pad to apply it?
    thank you :)

    cravetowrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sara :D

      no, i never tried them as a facial mist before.

      well.. if you using cotton pad, the dirt will be removed by the cotton pad by the way. if you just spray it, the dirt will be still on your face. it will kill the bacteria ( I guess ) but yeah, i think the maximal result will be as a toner using cotton pad, dear :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the review but my fright is: I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Shiseido pureness line. Please checkout my Shiseido pureness line review:http://hestyllish-hesign.blogspot.com/2013/12/my-shiseido-experience.html?m=1. Also comment and subscribe. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please do NOT leave an advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and I will delete it immediately. Thank you for dropping by :)

.

.